Have you ever found yourself sitting in a party or gathering bored out of your mind? Or attending an ice-breaking session with your new colleagues that are getting increasingly awkward? Situations like these can be painful for all participants if not handled correctly, but introducing a few easy to play games can allow for a smooth transition.
Games like these include the use of tongue twisters. By definition, tongue twisters are phrases or sentences that are hard to pronounce and can often change drastically if said too fast and multiple times. These changes can oftentimes be hilarious and very entertaining. All tongue twisters can turn out funny, but some are especially so. This technique can be used for people of all ages, adults and children alike, as well as newlywed couples.
Read More: 30+ Hilarious Lawyer Jokes
Table of Contents
What is the Hardest Tongue Twister in the World
Although all tongue twisters can appear tricky and daunting, you might wonder what the hardest tongue twister in the world must be. Well, a team of researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology did too, and they carried out research to answer this question.
The tongue twister is, “Pad kid poured curd pulled cod.” They have called this tongue twister the world’s most difficult. “If anyone can say this (phrase) 10 times quickly, they get a prize,” said Stefanie Shattuck-Hufnagel, an MIT psychologist. You can use this tongue twister to add a fun element to your game night
Easy tongue twisters: Tongue twisters don’t always have to be hard, though! These easy tongue twisters will add the fun and spice to your party without causing any embarrassment amongst participants if they cannot pronounce the words.
- The sixth sheikh’s sixth sheep is sick.
- Four furious friends fought for the phone.
- I have got a date at a quarter to eight. I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late
- Thirty-three thousand people think that Thursday is their thirtieth birthday
Tongue Twisters for Kids
Tongue twisters can be a great way of helping kids with speech therapy when they first start speaking or have difficulty starting. It can also provide a fun past time for young siblings.
- She saw Sharif’s shoes on the sofa. But was she so sure those were Sharif’s shoes she saw?
- Cooks cook cupcakes quickly.
- The big beautiful blue balloon burst
- Six sticky skeletons
- Rolling red wagons
Tongue Twisters for Adults
Even adults can sometimes need to play games to interact and have fun, and challenges with tongue twisters can prove to be a useful way to do so. To make it more entertaining, adults can turn this into a drinking game or use it to give dares. As in whoever messes up, the tongue twister first has to take a shot or perform a dare.
- Daud Daar’s dad’s dog’s dead.
- Red cabbage remains red cabbage and a wedding dress remains a wedding dress.
- We won’t know whether the weather will be warm or not till Wednesday
- Bill built a big brick building.
- Keenly cleaning copper kettles.
Dirty Tongue Twisters for Couples
A lot of tongue twisters turn dirty if he said fast enough as the words used turn into NSFW words. Newlywed couples could use these tongue twisters to break the ice and even set the mood for the evening.
- Quizzical quiz, kiss me quick.
- I slit a sheet. A sheet I slit Upon a slitted sheet I sit
- Don’t spring on the inner-spring this spring or there will be an offspring next spring
- Seven sexy singles slithered lasciviously in the summer sea.
English Tongue Twisters
- If a dog chomps on pom-poms, whose pom-poms does he chomp on?
- Gobbling gargoyles gobbled gobbling goblins.
- Chester the Cheetah chews a chunk of cheap cheddar cheese
- Excited executioner exercising his excising powers excessively.
- She stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him hiccupping, and amicably welcoming him in.
Short Tongue Twisters
These short tongue twisters might appear easy, but when it comes down to it, they can be harder than most, and even more entertaining.
- So this is the sushi chef
- She sees cheese.
- Stupid superstition
- Firetruck tires
- Santa’s Short Suit Shrunk
Long & Hard Tongue Twisters
Some words in many tongue twisters can be hard to pronounce, which makes them so much more fun as they change more significantly than others. Here are some such examples.
- These thousand tricky tongue twisters trip thrillingly off the tongue.
- Of all the felt I ever felt, I never felt a piece of felt which felt as fine as that felt when first I felt that felt hat’s felt.
Tongue Twisters in Drama
While teaching or attending a drama or theatre class, it can be quite challenging to get the students and oneself comfortable. Actors need to be completely relaxed to enter their characters, and often fun little games can help in that. Tongue twisters that relate to the character or play or any tongue twisters at all can be used as not only a bonding game but also a warm-up exercise for the up and coming actors. Examples of these include
- Which wristwatch is a Swiss wristwatch
- Cheap sheep soup
- A batter, a banana, and a bandana.
- Red Buick, blue Buick
- Rural Juror
Practicing tongue twisters in different languages can help a beginner master that language with ease as it helps to learn the better pronunciation of different words. Following tongue twisters in Chinese, Korean, Spanish and French can prove helpful to language enthusiasts. Notice how some of them make no sense when translated into English. That just makes them even more entertaining for multilingual people!