Table of Contents
We bet like everyone else you might also find it difficult to memorize the Periodic table, hence we have developed Periodic Table trivia questions & answers quiz game to facilitate and excite you for chemical science. The world will live in is made of interesting elements that bond together to create everything.
This is all chemistry talks about. You know that weird colorful table in your books? That is a periodic table. A periodic table is one of the basic things taught is Chemistry 101. The periodic table is tabular arrangement of chemical elements based on their chemical properties and atomic numbers etc. It is divided into metals to the left and non-metals on the right.
Refresh all that you learned in your chemistry class for this Periodic table trivia quiz game. All the symbols, properties and little facts to pass this quiz. Scroll down and see if you can.
Interesting Periodic Table Trivia Facts
- Dmitri Mendeleev did not have outstanding scholastic credentials. Yet he was able to design and develop the original Periodic Table of Elements.
- Lothar Meyer produced a similar periodic table independent of Mendeleev. Meyer did not get the credit for the periodic table because Mendeleev published his periodic table in 1869. Meyer did not predict the existence of unknown elements which Mendeleev included with his periodic table. Meyer and Mendeleev shared the Davy Medal in 1882.
- Where Mendeleyev’s table had blank spaces, he correctly predicted the weights and chemical behaviors of some missing elements—gallium, scandium, and germanium
- But when argon was discovered in 1894, it didn’t fit into any of Mendeleyev’s columns, so he denied its existence—as he did for helium, neon, krypton, xenon, and radon.
- 90 elements can be found in nature, others are strictly man-made.
- Technetium was the first man-made element
- Uranium is the heaviest element with an atomic weight of 238
- Different forms of pure elements are called allotropes. For example, diamond, graphite, buckminsterfullerene, and amorphous carbon are allotropes of one pure element—Carbon
- The only two elements that are liquid in room temperature are mercury and bromine.
- Almost 75 percent of elements on the periodic table are metals.
Periodic Table Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. What is the first man-made or synthetic element?
Q. What is the most abundant element in the human body (by weight)?
Q. What was Mendeleev’s periodic table organized the elements in order of?
Q. Name the first scientific discovery of an element was the discovery of phosphorus by an alchemist in 1649.
Q. What is the heaviest naturally occurring noble gas?
Q. What is hydrogen’s atomic number?
Q. What is boron’s atomic number?
Q. Uranium is what type of matter?
Q. What is the heaviest element with a one letter atomic symbol?
Q. Nitrogen, Boron, Helium, Chlorine, which one of these four is the most reactive?
Q. Dmitry Mendeleev was a teacher of chemistry who began work on the periodic table in the 1860’s. What nationality was he?
Q. What is Sodium’s chemical symbol?
Q. Name one of the two elements, by weight that are most abundant in the Earth’s crust.
Q. What does rows of periodic table represent?
Q. True or false? The rows of the periodic table are called periods.
Q. What is the lightest element with an atomic symbol not related to its English name?
Q. What group is argon (Ar) found in?
Q. What was the first element to be produced artificially?
Q. Krypton is what type of matter?
Q. How many protons does Magnesium have?
Q. The lightest metallic element floats on water. What is the name of this element?
Q. What is the only element in the halide family that is a liquid at room temperature and pressure?
Q. What does the most common isotope of hydrogen has?
Q. What does the atomic mass of an element indicate?
Q. What does the vertical Periodic family share with each other?
Q. Which period/row is Thorium in?
Q. How many energy levels Technetium have?
Q. What is Tin’s symbol?
Q. What is Germaniums atomic mass?
Q. How many electrons does Nickel have?
Q. How many neutrons does Rhenium have?
Q. What is the fourth element on the periodic table?
Q. What chemical symbol represents Silver?
Q. What is element number 20 on the periodic table?
Q. What is the chemical symbol of Indium?
Q. Which element is represented by the symbol I?
Q. What element is represented by the symbol W?
Q. What element is represented by the symbol Uup?
Q. How many elements are there on the periodic table?
Q. What chemical symbol represents Einsteinium?
Q. Although heavier elements exist in stars, what is the heaviest element that may be produced by fusion in a star?
Q. What is the color of molten sulfur?
Q. What color does white phosphorus glow when oxidizing in air?
Q. What do elements in the same column of the Periodic Table have in common?
Q. What family of elements is in the right-most column of the Periodic Table?
Q. What family of elements is in the left-most column of the Periodic Table?
Q. What is the name of the family of elements that has a full outer shell of electrons?
Q. What does Xenon get its name from?
Q. What does the number shown on the top part of each of the element squares in a periodic table show?
Q. In which group and period does Aluminum lie?
Q. What properties do the valence electrons determine of the element?
Q. What are the number of electrons in the outermost energy level are called?
Q. Pb is the symbol of which element?