One of our favorite character (or thing?) in the eminent Harry Potter series is the charmed Sorting Hat. It is a perceptive hat that places new students of Hogwarts into one of the four school houses- Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. The Sorting Hat is one of the cleverest enchanted objects that most witches and wizards will ever come across.
It literally contains the intelligence of the four founders. Intriguingly it has the ability to speak and amaze you with its intelligence and arrogance. Here is a compilation of Pottermore Sorting Hat Trivia Questions & Answers quiz that shall give a challenge to all those potterheads wanting to prove they are the biggest Harry Potter fans. Let’s explore how many can you and your friends can get perfect score on the Pottermore Sorting Hat Quiz
Table of Contents
Pottermore Sorting Hat Trivia Facts
- The idea of a Sorting Hat came after a lot of thought. Initially JK Rowling thought of an elaborate, Heath Robinson-ish machine that did all kinds of magical things before reaching a decision.
- Then came the idea of placing four statues of the four founders in the Entrance Hall, which came alive and selected students from the throng in front of them while the school watched.
- She even considered eeny meeny miny mo, short straws and chosen by team captains. In then end she blessed us with the witty character of the sorting hat.
- The hat is nearly a thousand years old.
- The Sorting Hat sings a brand new anthem every year.
- The Sorting Hat relies on Legilimency, the same power to penetrate minds practiced by the likes of Voldemort, Dumbledore, and Snape.
- The Sorting Hat is notorious for never having admitted to making a mistake when Sorting students
- In the Harry Potter universe, a squib is someone who comes from a magical family, but who is nevertheless born without any supernatural gifts. Means they could not attend Hogwarts or take part in the Sorting ceremony.
- According to Pottermore, way back in 1858, a Scottish squib named Angus Buchanan managed to sneak into Hogwarts and forced himself to the front of the queue, grabbed hold of the Hat, and rammed it onto his head! The Sorting Hat, whilst acknowledging that the boy had a good heart, gently refused to Sort Angus, due to his obvious lack of magical ability.
- The hat is chattier on the screen than in the books. In the books the hat muffles slowly that only the child wearing the hat could understand it but in the movies it announces its thoughts for the whole hall to hear.
- K. Rowling has confirmed that, when the Sorting Hat speaks to Hogwarts students, its words come “from the founders themselves
Sorting Hat Character’s Trivia Questions and Answers
Q. What are the founders’ names?
Q. When deciding Harry Potter’s house which two houses was the hat confused about?
Q. When choosing Hermoine Granger’s house what was the other option that Sorting Hat had in mind, besides Gryffindor?
Q. Which Hogwarts founder did the Sorting Hat originally belong to?
Q. How many of the Sorting Hat’s songs has Harry ever listened?
Q. Where did Neville Longbottom want to be sorted?
Q. Where did the Sorting Hat place him?
Q. Which house did the Sorting House place Harry’s son Albus Severus Potter in?
Q. Who can pull out the sword from the hat?
Q. In the series, how many people got the sword from the hat?
Q. According to Albus Dumbledore, the Sorting Hat made a mistake of putting Snape in Slytherin. Which house did he think Snape was most suited in?
Q. When did the Sorting Hat give Harry Potter the sword?
Q. When did the Sorting Hat help Neville Longbottom by giving him the sword?
Q. Which qualities did the Sorting Hat suggest Harry possessed of a Slytherin?
Pottermore Sorting Hat Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. Can the sorting hat respond to the thoughts of the wearer?
Q. Which actor is the voice of the Sorting Hat?
Q. What other power does the sorting hat possess other than sorting wizards and witches into their houses?
Q. In which books was Harry not physically present during the Sorting Hat’s songs?
Q. How many founders did the sorting hat have?
Q. Which books are the songs of the Sorting Hat mentioned?
Q. How many movies have included the songs of the Sorting Hat?
Q. What is it called when the Hat struggles to determine which house is the best fit for a student?
Q. What is Ron’s theory about how the Sorting Hat spends its free time?
Q. How many mistakes have the Sorting Hat made?
Q. What is the colour of the hat?
Q. What is the song that the Sorting Hat sings at the Sorting ceremony of 1991?
Q. Where is the Sorting Hat usually kept?
Q. When was the Sorting Hat made?
Q. How much time does the Sorting Hat take on a wizard or a witch to call them a ‘Hatstall’?
Q. What can the Sorting Hat provide magically pulled at time of need?
Q. Who did this sword belong to?
Q. When does the Sorting Ceremony take place?
Q. Where does the Sorting Ceremony take place?