Fun games are the life of any party and one game that would never fail to make your party remembered is the game known as Two Truths and a Lie game. There are numerous Two Truths and a Lie game ideas that are going to make sure that the fun spirit and liveliness of your party never dies out.
Specially used as an ice breaker, this game is frequently used to getting to know somebody that you’ve just met at a party or a social gathering. Even if you know somebody to just a limited extent, this game would really help you to find out interesting facts about them. Two Truths and a Lie game is also played to see how good somebody is at lying about themselves. You can’t judge a book by its cover, can you?
How to play Two Truths and a Lie Game
Before we talk about Two Truths and a Lie game ideas, let’s talk about the rules of this game. So how do you play this fun activity? Well, Two Truths and a Lie game work perfectly with smaller groups of people. First, every member in the group is asked to form a circle.
Once the circle has been formed, paper and pens are distributed and each member would write on the paper, three statements about them in which two of these statements are true and one statement is a lie. Now, the first person in the group reads out loud those three statements at once.
Then he/she reads each statement again and asks other people in the group to vote which statement they think is true and which statement is false. One of the members in the group can also participate as a moderator to keep track of the scores by writing it on the paper. The person with the highest score wins the game!
Interesting Statements for Kids/Tweens
Two truths and a lie game is thoroughly enjoyed by kids/tweens. Let’s read some of the interesting statements and Two Truths and a Lie game ideas which can be used by them.
- I’m allergic to beans.
- I have a twin brother/sister.
- I am learning ballet dancing.
- I own a pet snake.
- I have 6 sisters and brothers.
- I’m scared of rollercoasters.
- I’ve had sushi before.
- Fish is my favorite food.
- I have a huge collection of stamps.
- I can’t eat vegetables.
- I could talk completely by the age of two.
- My dad taught me how to ride a bike.
- I have got stuck in an elevator.
- I have been on an airplane before.
- I am the youngest in my family.
- I know a hundred “knock-knock” jokes.
- Justin Bieber is my favorite singer.
- I can eat hot sauce without crying.
- I can impersonate cartoon characters.
- I used to have a dog named Missy.
- I hate the smell of cheese.
- Toy story is my favorite movie.
- I am good at teaching tricks to a dog.
- Both of my parents are doctors.
- My sister once swam with sharks.
- My uncle owns a Ferrari.
- I have had chickenpox when I was seven.
- My brother is a professional gymnast.
- I want to win an Olympic medal.
Interesting Statements for Teens
For teens, there are a number of Two Truths and lie ideas that can boost the fun meter of any gathering. Check out some statements for the Two Truths and a Lie game below.
- Angelina Jolie is my cousin.
- I have never ridden a roller coaster.
- I have been to a Britney Spears concert.
- I have a fear of spiders.
- I got stitches in my leg when I was ten.
- I have 30 cousins.
- My favorite stuff toy was Elmo.
- I don’t know how to swim.
- I grew up in a village.
- I can juggle 4 balls at a time.
- I have loads of cotton candy at my home.
- I can eat a spoonful of salt without throwing up.
- My mum used to call me Tommy in my childhood.
- I’ve never traveled out of the country.
- I have a specific room for my shoe collection.
- I can backflip twice in a row.
- I saw a ghost when I was 5.
- I can solve a Rubik’s cube in 2 minutes.
- I used to have a pet pig.
- I’ve never had chickenpox.
- I never learned how to ride a bike.
- I don’t wear perfume.
- I have never gotten a grade less than A.
- I used to write for my high school magazine.
- I was crowned Drama Queen in my high school.
- I am claustrophobic.
- I have never boiled an egg.
Interesting Statements for Adults
Two truths and a lie game are not only for kids and teens. People working in organizations can play this game with their colleagues and also if you want to kill some rumors, these Two Truths and a lie game ideas can make you not miss the boat. Let’s dig in.
- I sometimes cheat while playing poker.
- The country’s president has been my classmate.
- I have climbed to the world’s third-largest mountain peak.
- I once put makeup on my brother’s face while he was asleep.
- I am an atheist.
- I have met the prime minister.
- I occasionally write music.
- I still watch Cartoon Network.
- I can speak 5 languages.
- I never go to a hair salon to get hair done.
- I like meat fully cooked.
- I used to be a pilot.
- I teach salsa dancing in the summers.
- I have been arrested twice.
- I like to go cliff jumping.
- I can bake cakes.
- I own 4 TVs in my apartment.
- I have been interviewed on TV.
- I have a huge jewel collection.
- I am a burger-eating champion.
- I’ve read over 350 books.
- I once made an entire Thanksgiving meal.
- I used to act in theatre in college.
- I don’t know how to cook.
- I was called Stinky in 5th
- I don’t know how to fix cars.
- I have broken my ankle once.
- I’ve had 3 surgeries.
- I can’t dance well.
- I used to be a fashion model.
- I can golf better than my father.
- I can drive 36 hours non-stop.
- I love the smell of petrol.
- I have been divorced.
- I have 5 kids.
- I punched a guy when I was 20.
- I had a major eye operation 5 years ago.
- I once fell from the 2nd floor of a building.