If you ever get stranded on an abandoned island with a bunch of strangers, do not despair. Would You Rather will preserve your sanity and get you all well-acquainted.
Bless the genius who invented this excellent game, Would You Rather is a conversation-starter, an ice-breaker, and a juicy pastime. The game is an endless entertainment; its appeal is only enhanced by the fact that it can be played almost anywhere.
As a conversation builder, it’s suitable for all ages; kids and adults alike. The questions asked in the game can be about food, sports, study subjects, superheroes, or infinite other topics. They can be witty or whimsical, challenging, or comedic.
Playing this game will guarantee a jolly good time.
Table of Contents
How Do You Play Would You Rather Game
We’ve got you covered. There is no hard science behind the game. It’s as easy as breathing:
- The Players: The first step in setting up the game is to choose the participants. The minimum number of players is two. Playing with a large number of people only increases the fun factor.
- Getting Started: Now, you must choose a player to go first. Common consensus, rolling a die, age, etc. can determine the first player.
- The Questions: Would You Rather questions pose a dilemma, either between two good options or two bad options, often of similar natures to make it harder to pick one. But this isn’t compulsory. Players can pose non-sensical questions with two polar opposite choices if they wish. This will make the game sillier and more interesting.
- Examples: 1) Would you rather live somewhere eternally cold or eternally hot? 2) Would you rather have your hair change color every day or have rainbow hair for the rest of your life? 3) Would you rather have an irregularly large nose or an abnormally large chin?
- Gameplay: The first player asks another player a question which the second player must answer. There is no right or wrong answer. The second player then chooses someone else and asks them a question. This picking and choosing can be random, but players are often arranged in some formation, and each player selects the player next to him/her, going in the same direction.
- Rules: 1) Answering with ‘both’ or ‘neither’ is considered foul play. 2) The objective is to present tricky options, making it difficult to pick one easily.
- Duration: The game can go on indefinitely, until the players get tired, run out of questions, or simply wish to stop.
Variations of Would You Rather Game
1) Teams: If several people are playing the game, they can be divided into teams, each team discussing the answer and answering as one.
2) Time Limit: Set a time restriction for answering. The player who doesn’t respond within the time limit gets removed from the game.
3) Drinking Game: This version is for adults! It can go on until the players are too drunk to continue. If the players choose an unpopular option, they must take a drink. They can decide upon the unpopularity by voting after the person has answered.
4) Points: This variation will ensure that a winner emerges at the end of the game. It will also raise the stakes and make the game livelier. Assign a fixed number of points to the person who answers quickly. The slower they respond, the fewer points they’ll get.
Other versions of the game:
1) There is an online version by the name ‘Either’ , where a random question generator shows a new conundrum each time you answer a question.
2) This Would you rather game app is where you can choose from a wide array of topics. Majority of the questions have been created by an engaging community of contributors.
3) This is a Would You Rather board game that comes with question cards, voting cards, player tokens, and a board. It has over 800 questions to choose from.
DIY Would You Rather Game
There are various methods of DIYing the game:
Method # 1: This the simplest, most straightforward method.
- The supplies you need are a pencil/pen, a piece of paper, lined or blank, and a ruler.
- Make horizontal lines, a few centimeters apart if the page isn’t already lined.
- You need to make two columns by drawing a line down the center of the page.
- Write ‘Would You Rather’ in capital letters at the top of the page.
- Start filling in both columns with options. You can go online for inspiration or get those brain juices flowing by thinking hard and coming up with unique questions.
Method # 2:
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click on the Insert tab. You need to select the Table option. After deciding upon the number of rows and columns, click and the table will be inserted into the document.
- Start filling in the sections with text.
- Save the file and print multiple copies. You can give these out to your kids, at parties, etc.
Method # 3:
- Download a pre-made printable file in pdf format and then get it printed. OR
- Screenshot the image of a Would You Rather questions page and get it printed.
Funny Would You Rather Questions for Kids
These are suitable for all ages, with clean questions and engaging scenarios to boot!
- Would you rather be five years younger or five years older?
- Would you rather drink sour milk or brush your teeth with bird dung?
- Would you rather have a bushy tail or donkey ears?
- Would you rather be able to transform into a fly for 24 hours or a bat for a week?
- Would you rather live in a candy house or a house made of chocolate?
- Would you rather have big hairy feet or big furry ears?
- Would you rather have bugs and insects follow your commands or turn into a bug yourself?
- Would you rather eat different meals processed into powders or eat the same meal for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather be a math genius or popular at school?
- Would you rather have hair that changes color depending on your mood or a nose that elongates when you lie?
- Would you rather smell poo or vegetables that have been rotting for weeks?
- Would you rather have a robot as a friend or a pet genie?
- Would you rather be paid for your homework or never have to do homework again?
- Would you rather have noodles for arms or legs?
- Would you rather have a talking chimpanzee or a talking horse as a companion?
- Would you rather eat a bowl of spicy ketchup or unfried potato fries?
- Would you rather have a chocolate body or an ice body?
- Would you rather eat booger-flavored ice cream or a whole meal that smells like dirty socks?
- Would you rather master any language you wish or invent and speak your own language?
- Would you rather turn any object you touch into gold or have the power of multiplying whatever you touch?
- Would you rather take care of 3 calm babies for a month or an angry, tantrum-throwing baby for a week?
- Would you rather have a coughing fit or a sneezing fit?
- Would you rather be able to exist inside a video game or a book?
- Would you rather be able to think meals into existence or conjure clothes with a thought?
- Would you rather have a murderous clown as an enemy or a whole alien species?
- Would you rather have perfect night vision or be able to see through walls?
- Would you rather live beside a Nutella river or jelly river?
- Would you rather go back to the time of the dinosaurs or go 100 years into the future?
- Would you rather have extra fingers on each hand or an extra eye?
- Would you rather have your hair stop growing or your body hair start growing?
Would You Rather Questions for Boys
- Would you rather have magic or powers like Superman?
- Would you rather live on the Moon all by yourself or an unknown planet full of hostile aliens?
- Would you rather have no soap or no hairbrush forever?
- Would you rather bathe with scolding hot water in summer or freezing cold water in winter?
- Would you rather be a filthy-rich businessman or a world-renowned inventor?
- Would you rather wear makeup for 24 hours or wear a dress and heels for half a day?
- Would you rather be scolded by your parents in front of your entire school or be embarrassed by them in front of your crush?
- Would you rather be able to run inhumanly fast or breathe underwater?
- Would you rather be a lame Marvel superhero or a strong DC superhero?
- Would you rather live in an alternate universe or live on a different planet in the same universe?
Would You Rather Questions for Girls
- Would you rather rule in a castle in the sky or a court under the sea?
- Would you rather have a herd of pegasuses or unicorns?
- Would you rather wear rainbow-themed clothes for the rest of your life or never wear pink again?
- Would you rather have to kiss a snake or a frog to turn him into your prince charming?
- Would you rather be a lame superhero in the universe or the smartest scientist?
- Would you rather be tall with a limp or short with hands that twitch?
- Would you rather sing like a frog or shriek like a banshee?
- Would you rather be a fairy or a mermaid?
- Would you rather fart in front of your role model or burp loudly in front of your entire family?
- Would you rather write a best-selling book series like Harry Potter or direct a hit superhero film like Wonder Woman?
Would You Rather Questions for Teens
- Would you rather have an uneventful yet peaceful life or have fame and fortune, but that comes with constant mental strain?
- Would you rather earn fame for your looks or your intellect?
- Would you rather be every teacher’s favorite or be a notorious rule-breaker?
- Would you rather have a successful career when you grow up or successful love life?
- Would you rather marry young as a teen or marry when you’re 40?
- Would you rather have a flavor or a place named after you?
- Would you rather see things no one can see or not be able to see something that everyone can see?
- Would you rather be impervious to being drunk or unable to get fat?
- Would you rather go out with someone too tall or the same height as you?
- Would you rather smell foul forever or be completely naked for a whole day?